Recipe + photo by: Secret Squirrel
Website click here.
We included this delicious raw, energy bite recipe in our SUPERFOODS post this week, ‘What’s So SUPER about Superfoods?’ but wanted to post the recipe independently as well. We just love this recipe and think you will too!
CACAO COCONUT ENERGY BITES
Yields: 20 balls
1 cup medjool dates
1 cup desiccated coconut
¼ cup raw cacao powder
½ tsp vanilla bean paste
½ tbsp water
⅔ cup buckinis
1. Lightly toast desiccated coconut in a pan on low heat until lightly toasted and aromatic.
2. Add all ingredients except for buckinis to a food processor and pulse until sticky when pressed between the fingers.
3. Add buckinis and pulse a few times until mixed through. Be careful not to over pulse.
4. Grab a tablespoon of mixture and roll into balls.
5. Finally, roll the balls into desiccated coconut and place in an airtight container in the fridge.
6. These will keep for around 2 weeks in the fridge. ENJOY!
As always, happy and healthy blessings,
The Roots Team